Sunday, April 24, 2011

The three "B"s

The three "B"s.
Bored. I rode a bit today, about 50 miles I guess. I met a couple of guys from Randelman down at the Pisgah covered bridge in southern Randolph county. One was riding a pretty nice 76 Ironhead. Not my cup-o-tea but nice enough. I talked to them for about a half hour and then we went on our way. Now that may not sound like I was bored and you're right, however, that was what I did to remedy the boring part. I guess staying so busy with Sadie playing ball all the time, when we have a weekend free we all just kind of seem lost. I'm sure if I had more than one day to kill I would have things to do, lord knows there is plenty I should do.

Broke. Every time I get straightened out something else comes along. I know, that's they way it is for everybody, but everybody isn't me.

Bewildered. Every day I am amazed at the life of my children. My youngest is growing up so fast. Much faster it seems than the other two. In little more than a month he will be 10. Ten years, eight more and he's grown. How quickly the time goes. My daughter, 14 in a week. Already she sees herself as an adult and in many ways she isn't too far from it. Extremely bright and afraid of nothing. I'm already missing her and she hasn't even reached the stage in her life where she hates me yet. And Matthew, 16, driving, and knows it all. Oh I remember those days. It was a great time in my life. I wouldn't really want to go back and change anything but it would be nice to have been able to look ahead then and see the now. Of course I probably wouldn't have believed it to be true, teenagers believe nothing until they are slapped in the mouth by it. The children my wife and I have are the greatest joy in my life and everyday they amaze me more by just being themselves.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yea, you've got it man, hold on to it all as long as you can. When you don't have time to play ball or listen to their problems, make the time. The crap stuff will always be there for another day, your kids won't be kids forever. Hug your wife every day, even if she's pissed at you.

    ReplyDelete