Saturday, May 14, 2011

Antique Motorcycles

So today I got up at 6 after going to bed at 1. I was making a new points cover. Anyway, I got ready and left the house headed to Kernersville to meet some folks for breakfast and a ride to a motorcycle show/swap meet in Denton. As I left the house I realized I wouldn't need my chaps on the ride up cause the road was dry even though it had rained last night. I stopped and took them off. I rode 25 miles to where we were to meet only to find out that no one else showed up. Oh well, I ride alone a lot anyhow. Off to Denton. The weather was great for riding, I made it to the Denton Farm Park and went in the gates. WOW what a show. Old bikes of every type and lots and lots of parts. It's amazing how much money some of these people want for their JUNK. And I do mean junk, some of it rusted and rotted so bad you can't even tell what it is. All in all a great time and a fairly nice ride. Just as I was putting on my lid to leave the rain came. It only rained about 10 minuets though so not too bad.  I did a little over a 100 miles today, warming up the backside for the ride in June.

1 comment:

  1. Paul and I are headed down there tomorrow. We were going to go today but my mother has been sick and I had to stay with her.

    ReplyDelete