Monday, May 23, 2011

The powers that be.

Well the rapture didn't come this past weekend as predicted but there was some unexplained favors done. What really happened was the nut in Oakland is exactly that and I tore my generator apart AGAIN, and this time I took some 1500 grit sandpaper to the commutator to clean it up and then cleaned out the grooves real good so none of the copper dust or paper grit was stuck between them. Then I sprayed it all off with electrical contact cleaner and put it back together. Viola, it started working. Now if we can just keep things together at least until I get back from the BBR. 4 weeks, 3 days to go.

Oh and just for the record, the Rev. Camping says the rapture has now been rescheduled for Oct. 21st 2011.

1 comment:

  1. Good deal on the genny working again. I posted a comment above asking about it before seeing this post. Did you use an old hacksaw blade on the grooves and recut, or just clean really, really good?

    ReplyDelete