Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Yay!!! New Parts!!

Well as soon as the US mail gets the lead out I will have wrenching to do. I won a complete set of forks for my Ironhead on eBay this week. Not perfect but much better than the leaky POS that is on my bike now. I also bought a set of used 14.5" shocks for the rear since mine have broken springs. They look like they belong to a 1978 Suzuki GS1000E but what the hell, if they fit I'm running them. They have full chrome covers but they are not weird looking like the Harley big twin covered shocks. All total including shipping? How about an astounding $125.95. I can't wait to get them and get'em mounted. Maybe I can get this thing ready for my trip, before my trip LOL.
 Maybe I can pick up a few odds and ends at the antique motorcycle show in Denton next weekend, maybe not. We'll see. There are a few things I would like to pick up but money is tight and what is available is being squirreled away for Tonya's trip to the beach and my road trip so it's mainly the necessities.
 Anyway, I guess I will be going over my bike between now and June 24 fixing what HAS to be fixed and trying to make it comfy. Man I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. If the shocks don't work let me know cause I have a set that might work.

    ReplyDelete